DASMEN Residential is seeking a highly enthusiastic and driven Regional Property Manager. The RM will assist in the creation and execution of company policies and procedures related to property management and will be responsible for recruitment, training, development, and management of Property Managers.
This position works closely with the CEO and executive leadership.
Must be located in Suffern, NY and be willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system to manage transactions and activities among Property Managers and the Corporate office.
- Performs daily site visits to ensure day-to-day activities are running smoothly.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and develops employees under supervision in accordance with company policies and directives.
- Delivers performance evaluations for supervised employees.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve marketing activities, reviews occupancy status, and recommends rent schedules.
- Reviews and prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting.
- Reviews and audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves resident-related issues in a timely manner, with tact and excellent customer service.
- Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and functionality are maintained, and evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping to ensure efficiency.
- Reviews and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines.
- Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations.
- Establishes or revises property management forms, reports, and manuals.
- Fully responsible for Property goals and held accountable for property performance month-to-month.
- Engaging, positive personality, upbeat and optimistic.
- Previous management experience required.
- At least 3 years of Property Manager experience required, no exceptions.
- Multi-site experience required.
- CAM certification preferred.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to lead a team remotely.
- Proven meeting facilitation skills, and outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Flexible and open-minded about the scope of the role, as responsibilities may expand or change based on fluctuating business needs.