Dasmen Residential is seeking to hire a full-time Property Manager. This position is fully accountable for all day-to-day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. Property Manager must embrace the concepts of Level 5 Leadership, Group Responsibility and Servant Leadership.
Regional Property Manager.
Exempt (ineligible for overtime).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- In conjunction with the RPM, the property manager will assist in the formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The property manager is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives.
- Ensure that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Make sure that all bank deposits are made immediately and deposits are reported to the corporate office on a daily basis.
- Perform evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents.
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance. The property manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to the corporate office for payment.
- Make rental rate recommendations to Regional Property Manager.
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes new employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, and instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Provide comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Facilitate disciplinary procedures and documentation up to and including terminations of employment if necessary.
- Conduct on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Report all liability and community incidents to the corporate office immediately. Ensure that all workers’ compensations claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- The Property Manager will complete any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.
- Ensure that lease files are complete and that completion of leases is being executed properly. Approve in writing all leases on the property.
- Responsible for offices opening on schedule, the condition of the office and model apartment.
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submit required reports to corporate offices on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Periodic inspection with resident move-ins/move-outs.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to manage resident communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
- Physically walk and inspect community on a regular basis; check on vacant apartments.
- Update board indicating vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure the timely cleaning of apartments after move-out.
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor to monitor and schedule all maintenance activity.
- Conduct market surveys monthly and provide trend report information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Welcome and show community to prospective new residents. Also, handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintain awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
- Prefer 3 years experience in on-site property management; 2 as a property manager.
- Must have a background in supervision and successful track record of accomplishments.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), proficiency with Yardi Voyager, able to learn new systems quickly and utilize them in daily work
- Work Hours: Full-time - salaried position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- Some financial/accounting experience preferred.
- Frequent need (20% to 25% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community and surrounding neighborhood, make trips to the bank, and visit the corporate office.
- Occasional use of golf cart may be necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check.