DASMEN is looking for an entry-level Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results. The ideal candidate will be able to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines consistently, and follow instructions effectively.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments.
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages.
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Coordinate with other departments (Accounting, Operations, Human Resources, IT, etc.) to ensure compliance with established policies.
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues.
- Perform receptionist duties when needed.
- At least one year of experience as an office assistant or another administrative role.
- Working knowledge of office equipment & office operations (printers, computers, phones, mail, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Must work from the Suffern office every day; position is not eligible to work from home.