Dasmen Residential is seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician to perform routine maintenance in individual apartments, common areas, and amenity areas. Prepares vacant units for new move-ins. Performs routine preventive maintenance. Assists in various cleaning functions, and assists in monitoring the grounds. Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Constructs decorative flower garden borders from wood, if necessary.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings, including dusting, sweeping, and mopping.
- Washes windows.
- Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings.
- Cuts grass and trims weeds on organization’s property, if necessary.
- Digs flower beds and plants flowers, if necessary.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as trucks, street sweeper and other equipment used within the maintenance department.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good communication skills with the general public.
- Must be able to operate tools such as a power drill, power saw, pressure washer, lawn mower, shop uses and other tools normally used in the duties of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is subject to schedule changes and/or overtime as required by the job and his/her supervisor. This may include working weekends, working after the course of normal business hours and at other times as required by the job. The employee is subject to these schedule changes on as little notice as 24 hours.