Dasmen Residential is seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician, HVAC Certification preferred.
Performs routine maintenance in individual apartments, common areas, and amenity areas. Prepares vacant units for new move-ins. Performs routine preventive maintenance. Assists in various cleaning functions, and assists in monitoring the grounds. Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs service request as required.
- Prepares vacant apartments for new move-ins.
- The work includes the maintenance of the unit, painting, cleaning and carpet cleaning. Maintains the property appearance.
- In addition to these duties listed above, may perform other maintenance related duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assists in ordering supplies for the property.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties as outlined in an annual Preventative Maintenance Program developed by the Maintenance Supervisor. Items such as replacements of air conditioning filters, cleaning air conditioning coils flushing hot water heaters, etc.
- Performs other maintenance-related duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Cuts grass and trims weeds on organization’s property, if necessary.
- Digs flower beds and plants flowers, if necessary.
- Constructs decorative flower garden borders from wood, if necessary.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings, including dusting, sweeping, and mopping.
- Washes windows.
- Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as trucks, street sweeper and other equipment used within the maintenance department.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years' related experience and/or training.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good communication skills with the general public.
- Must be able to operate tools such as a power drill, power saw, pressure washer, lawn mower, shop uses and other tools normally used in the duties of this job.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
The employee is subject to schedule changes and/or overtime as required by the job and his/her supervisor. This may include working weekends, working after the course of normal business hours and at other times as required by the job. The employee is subject to these schedule changes on as little notice as 24 hours.