Dasmen Residential is currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team!
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and grounds by performing the following duties.
Primary responsibilities include the hands-on maintenance of the community, including overall inspection, repair, and general maintenance of market-ready apartments and other interior/exterior areas. Acts as a “team leader” among the general maintenance staff; delegating, supervising, directing and assisting in the work of the department. Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares or assists in preparing all market-ready apartments regarding painting, carpet cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping, etc.
- Performs various preventative maintenance functions and records findings in maintenance log.
- Completes regular community inspections.
- Responds to resident service requests and concern within 24 hours.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Works along with general maintenance staff in maintaining grounds and communal areas and keeping them free of trash and debris.
- Monitors the maintenance and keep-up of all mechanical equipment in the community including, but not limited to: water heaters, HVAC units, etc.
- As a team leader, responsible for training and supervision of community maintenance staff. Is typically involved with Property Manager in hiring, interviews, and training and performance reviews of maintenance staff.
- May assist in monitoring capital improvement projects.
- Ensures all maintenance staff is following safe work practices.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing Laws and Standards.
- Maintains open communication with Property Manager and other community staff.
- Represents the company in a professional manner always.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of three years hands-on maintenance experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc. is necessary.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record along with auto insurance required;
- Must be EPA or CFC certified.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- HVAC certification, CAMT license.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is subject to schedule changes and/or overtime as required by the job and his/her supervisor. This may include working weekends, working after the course of normal business hours and at other times as required by the job. The employee is subject to these schedule changes on as little notice as 24 hours.