Dasmen Residential is seeking to hire an HVAC-certified Maintenance Technician to perform routine maintenance in individual apartments, common areas, and amenity areas.
- Works on multifamily property residential HVAC systems, including troubleshooting, repair, installation, and service.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as trucks, street sweeper and other equipment used within the maintenance department.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Completes assigned work orders and make-ready assignments in a timely fashion with excellent customer service.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), minimum.
- 1-3 years' HVAC experience required.
- 1-3 years' maintenance experience required.
- Multifamily property experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must have good communication skills with the general public.
- Must be able to operate tools such as a power drill, power saw, pressure washer, lawn mower, shop uses and other tools normally used in the duties of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee is subject to schedule changes and/or overtime as required by the job and his/her supervisor. This may include working weekends, working after the course of normal business hours and at other times as required by the job. The employee is subject to these schedule changes on as little notice as 24 hours.