The Maintenance Technician is responsible for efficiently performing all necessary maintenance for the apartment community, as well as assisting the Maintenance Supervisor with organizing, directing and managing the overall maintenance programs of the apartment community.
Experience is necessary and required.
- Must have average written and oral communication skills to be able to understand and follow directions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in make-readies and apartment maintenance.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- 3-5 years' maintenance experience required; please do not apply if you do not have the required years of experience.
Special Licenses or Certificates Required:
- HVAC Certification required.
- Pool certification preferred.
- Makes general appliance repairs, carpet repairs, A/C repairs and electrical repairs.
- Performs carpentry work, welding, painting and plumbing duties as required.
- Installs appliance and electrical fixtures as required.
- Installs, repairs and re-keys deadbolt locks.
- Handles designated service requests within 24 hours.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor with proper levels of inventory.
- Moves appliances, with assistance, using appliance dolly.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and orderly shop.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventive maintenance program.
- Reports any maintenance problems.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have regular attendance.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of job.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Works on-call, overtime, weekend, holiday, and evening work as required.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home to respond in cases of emergency.
- Wears company uniform with photo I.D. badge during work hours.
- May be transferred or assigned to work at another DASMEN community.
- Acts as a team member with all associates of the management staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Property Manager (or Assistant Property Manager in Community Director's absence) and Maintenance Supervisor.