DASMEN is seeking experienced and hard-working Groundskeepers to take ownership of the upkeep and maintenance of our property grounds.
- Performs daily cleaning and maintenance of grounds and common areas.
- Maintains pool, pool areas, and pool furniture.
- May assist with door-to-door trash pick up on communities that offer service.
- Trashes out vacant apartments.
- Moves appliances, with assistance, using appliance dolly.
- Assists maintenance in maintaining a clean and orderly shop.
- Accompanies vendors to apartments.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Cleans and shampoos carpet.
- Waters plants and grass as required.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and a preventive maintenance program.
- Reports any maintenance problems.
- Distributes resident notices to residents.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable to the safe performance of the job.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Works overtime, weekend, holiday and evening work as required.
- Wears company uniform with photo I.D. badge during work hours.
- May be transferred or assigned to work at another DASMEN community.
- Must have a mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Acts as a team member with all associates of the management staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Must have good communication skills to be able to understand and follow directions.
- Prefer knowledge of pool maintenance and general grounds care.
- Reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Frequent lifts and carries up to 45 pounds.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds. (i.e. bag of concrete).
- Pushes and/or pulls (appliances) using appliance dolly up to 200 pounds.
- Moves objects from one floor to another.
- Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances reaches above shoulder height, walks, and twists.
- Has a normal range of vision, hearing, and speech.
Up to $12/hour.