DASMEN is looking for an entry-level Data Entry Clerk for our Accounting department. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. You will report to the Controller.
Understanding of data confidentiality principles is required.
- Accurately enter accounting data supplied by accounting into bookkeeping system.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data regularly.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Proven experience as a data entry clerk.
- Basic bookkeeping experience required.
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.).
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware.
- Good command of English both oral and written.
- Great attention to detail.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Recent college grads encouraged to apply.
- Must work out of the Suffern, NY office; no remote work.
- Up to $10/hour.
- Eligible for benefits (medical, dental, vision) after 30 days.